As a part of the engineering team you will be:
- building highly-scalable and secure payments platform
- primary owners of one or more components of the platform and will drive innovation in your area of ownership
- working with various product teams gathering requirements and adding capabilities
- working with some of the smartest people in the industry and will have ample opportunity to learn and grow
- using cutting-edge cryptography to secure payments beyond industry standards.
- deriving actionable insights by mining TBs of data.
- building low-level infrastructure that aims to push the boundaries of network performance.
- participating actively in recruitment and nurturing of engineers as awesome as you
- review and influence new evolving design, architecture, standards and methods with stability, maintainability and scale in mind
- identify patterns and provide solutions to class of problems
- research, evaluate and socialize new tools, technologies, and techniques to improve the value of the system
- be able to multitask, prioritize and handle dependencies with minimal oversight
What do we look for?
From a technology perspective, you should have 2-5 years of experience in a reasonably sized subset of the following ( the more, the merrier!! )
- Worked on one or more large scale java applications.
- Good understanding of nuances of distributed systems, scalability, and availability.
- Good knowledge of one or more relational and NoSQL databases and transactions.
- Shrewd focus on latency and throughput of services.
- In-depth understanding of concurrency, synchronization, NIO, memory allocation and GC.
- Experience with IaaS clouds like AWS/Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack etc..
- Experience in working with Message Brokers and Application Containers
- Great ability to mentor and train other team members.
- A clear understanding of the CAP theorem and its implications for real-world distributed systems.
- “Call me maybe” is more than just a song for you.
- You have studied distributed systems like Dynamo, HBase, various messaging and queuing systems and understand nuances of Time, Clocks, and Ordering of Events, rate control, load distribution.
- You can smell fraud, transaction risks and abuse a mile away.